At Conceptions Fertility Center, we are monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak very closely to make sure we provide the best care for our patients. In compliance with the State Public Health Order effective March 25, 2020 , Conceptions Fertility Center will be making the following changes to the care of our patients. The changes will be in effect until April 25, 2020 unless otherwise directed.
- We will be suspending initiation of new treatment cycles, including ovulation induction, intrauterine inseminations (IUIs), in vitro fertilization (IVF) (i.e. starting gonadotropins) including retrievals and frozen embryo transfers, as well as non-urgent gamete cryopreservation.
- We will be contacting each patient scheduled for an embryo transfer to discuss whether to move forward with the transfer as planned or whether to cancel.
- We will continue to care for patients who are currently “in-cycle” or who require urgent stimulation and cryopreservation.
- We will suspend elective surgeries and non-urgent diagnostic procedures.
- We will minimize in-person interactions and increase utilization of Telehealth.
Note: This guidance will be revisited periodically as the pandemic evolves, but no later than April 25, 2020, with the aim of resuming usual patient care as soon and as safely as possible.
Please contact our office with any questions about how this applies to your care. We are deeply committed to the health and safety of each of our patients, as we are all in this together.
As a reminder, you can protect yourself from COVID-19 the same way you protect yourself from other viruses with a few basic practices:
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often. Make sure you are cleaning between your fingers and under your nails.
- Avoid shaking hands, especially with those who appear to be ill.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible.
- Disinfect shared surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.
—The Conceptions Fertility Team